Staff and Board of Directors
Kendra began her work with Maywood in 2023. Kendra holds a Master’s degree in Nonprofit Management and Leadership and a Bachelor’s degree in Conservation and Environmental Science, both from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She brings over twelve years of experience in leading collaborative, community-based efforts to the Park Director position. Her work in the nonprofit sector has helped advance causes that include youth development, environmental education, food security, water quality advocacy, land restoration, wildlife rehabilitation, and affordable housing.
Angie has been with Maywood since 2006. As the Trust Administrator much of her work is behind the scenes ensuring the organization functions smoothly. Angie has a Communications degree from the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse and nearly 20 years of experience working with non-profits. When not at Maywood, she enjoys gardening and reading.
Favorite thing about Maywood: There is something new to discover every day of the year.
Nate joined the Maywood staff in January 2024. With a background in photography and graphic design, Nate also has experience with office management. You’ll often find him wandering the trails at Maywood with his camera in hand as there is always something new to discover! As part of his duties at Maywood, Nate manages the volunteer programs at the park. If you share a passion for nature and would like to get involved, please send him a message.
Donna joined the Maywood staff in March of 2022. She has been working as a professional cleaner since 1986, always taking pride in keeping things tidy. Donna has lived nearby Maywood since 1982 and loves taking hikes on the property. She is an avid bird watcher and loves reading mystery novels and DIY projects.
Favorite thing about Maywood: The peace and tranquility you experience while being in nature. Plus the many surprises to encounter on the property from a doe with her fawn, to the spring flowers popping up or spotting/hearing the red wing blackbird’s song.
Ellwood H. May Environmental Park Association of Sheboygan County, Inc.
The Association is a 501c4 non-profit membership organization. The Advisory Board of the Association is made up of 18 at-large Association members and 17 organizational representatives. Together they work to advance Maywood’s mission of fostering environmental stewardship through educational and outdoor experiences designed to connect our community with the natural world.
Members are elected to 3-year terms at the Association’s Annual Meeting that is held each April. Officers are elected to one-year terms at the Advisory Board’s May meeting. If you are interested in serving on our Advisory Board, please contact us at email@example.com.
Current Advisory Board Members
- Jeremiah Dentz
- Abby Hawkinson
- Eleanor A. Jung
- Ellen Klusmeier
- Betty Kuplic
- Doug Leppanen
- Andrew Morgan
- John Nelson
- Peter Pittner
- Laura Rammer – Board Secretary
- Jennifer Rutten
- Joseph Sheehan
- Jen Smith – Board Treasurer
- Martha Steinbruecker – Board President
- James Van Akkeren
- Donna Wendlandt
- Charles Conrardy
- Joe Kerlin – Superintendent of Marina, Parks & Forestry – City of Sheboygan
- John Koehler – Sheboygan Community Recreation Department
- Marjorie Mattern – City of Sheboygan Park & Forestry Commissioners
- AAUW Sheboygan Branch – Rose Neumeyer-Phillips, representative
- Boy Scouts of America – Sheboygan Area – Marlyn Meinnert, representative
- City of Sheboygan Aldermanic Representative – Amanda Salazar
- Early Bird Rotary Club – Dan Redman, representative
- Girl Scouts of America – Manitou Council – Hope Spies, representative
- Kiwanis Club of Greater Sheboygan – Jon Keckonen, representative
- Lake Shore Garden Club – Karen Merlau, representative
- Lakeland University – Paul Pickhardt, representative
- Private & Parochial Schools – Laurie Hylen, representative
- Sheboygan Area School District – Erin Spaeth, representative
- Sheboygan County Audubon Society – Greg Farrell, representative
- Sheboygan County Board – Rebecca Clarke, representative
- Sheboygan County Conservation Association – Mike DeMaster, representative
- Sheboygan Jaycees – Denisa Boy, representative
- Sheboygan Rotary – Mike Roth, representative – Board Vice President
- Town & Country Garden Club – Ray Rogers, representative
- UW Green Bay Sheboygan Campus – James Kabrhel, representative
Environmental Park Trust of Sheboygan County
The Trust of Maywood is a 501c3 nonprofit that supports the mission of Maywood. Officers and Trustees oversee the work of the Trust. They are elected to one-year terms at the Advisory Board’s May meeting.
2023-2024 Officers and Trustees
- Martha Steinbruecker, President
- Michael Roth, Vice President and Trustee
- Jen Smith, Treasurer and Trustee
- Laura Rammer, Secretary and Trustee
- Mike DeMaster, Trustee
- Paul Pickhardt, Trustee
- Donna Wendlandt, Trustee